Associate Professor in Education,
P.K.M. College of Education, Madapam – 670631
MSc. (Physics), M.Ed, M.Sc. ( Applied Psychology), N.E.T. (EDUCATION).
Smt. Maya .J.Pillai joined P.K.M College of Education on 1996, as Lecturer in Physical Science. From 1997 January onwards she was the Principal in charge of the College in the absence of the founding Principal Dr.Mr. Philip Joseph.K . She willingly and wholeheartedly served the College as Principal in charge, Physical Science Lecturer along with General Education. She was permanently appointed as Lecturer in Education from 4th July 1997. She is now handling Psychology, Philosophy, Sociology and a portion models of teaching from the third paper Trends and Developments in Modern Educational Practice.
She passed her S.S.L.C.Examination, with distinction (512marks out of 600) from Kopparethu Highschool, Puthiavila. She completed her Pre-Degree and Degree courses from M.S.M.College, Kayamkulam with high first class. She was the K.G.Mathewkutty Memorial Award Winner of the year 1991 by scoring (920marks out of 1000 ) for B.Sc.Physics, first time in the history of the college. She got the P.T.A.Award for scoring full marks (200/200) for mathematics and for chemistry(191/200). She completed her Master’s degree (M.Sc.Physics with Electronics as Specialisation ) with first class from Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara. She completed her B.Ed. Degree from N.S.S.Training College, Pandalam and M.Ed from Calicut University Campus, Tenjipalam with first class in both. She completed her M.Sc.Applied Psychology with Counselling as specialization from Annamalai University Chidambaram. She got first class for the same also. She has completed a major research project on “Effectiveness of a lifeskills intervention package for improving the emotional maturity and learning styles of adolescent club members of I.C.D.S. in Kerala.”She was the Chairman for the B.Ed Practical Examination Board 2of the Kannur University.She was the Practical examination in charge of the college.She was an active member of the curriculum committee for the B, Ed. Revised syllabus.
- She got the third prize in the All Kerala Hand Writing Competition.
- She got first prize in the Elocution competition held in connection with Anti- Lepracy campaign.
- She was an active member of Kerala Sastra Sahithya Parishad and got many prizes for the Elocution Competitions and Quiz
- She passed the Dakshina Bharat Hindi Pracharasabha’s Sabani, Pradhamikam,Dhoosari, Rashtra Bhasha, Pravesh and Bhooshan with high first class.
Refresher courses and orientation courses attended
- Orientation course from Academic Staff College, University of Calicut from 1/11/2001 to 28/11/2001.
- .Refresher course in Education from Academic Staff College, Trivandrum from 26/12/2002 to 16/01/2003.
- Refresher course in Women Studies from Academic Staff College, Calicut from 19/09/2007 to 9/10/2007.
- Refresher course in I.C.T. from Academic Staff College, Kannur from 9/11/2009to 30/11/2009.
Charges – INSTITUTIONAL LEVEL
Secretary – Parent Teacher Association
Secretary _ Staff Association
Convenor _ Women Cell
Co –ordinator – Tourism Club
Convenor – Ethics Committee
Convenor – Academic monitoring committee
Co-Ordinator – Tourism club
Convenor – Anti-ragging Squad
Convenor – Discipline Committee
Advisor – College Union
B.Ed. Practical Examination in Charge of the College.
Member _ Research and Extension Committee, Library Advisory Committee, Guidance and counseling cell, Welfare Committee, Examination Committee, Staff Welfare Committee, Staff Association Executive Committee, I.Q.A.C., Tutorial Committee.
POSITIONS HELD OUTSIDE THE COLLEGE
- Member Board of Studies –Education, Kannur University.
- Chief Examiner for -“ Education in the Emerging Indian Society”-of the Centralised Valuation Camp of Kannur University.
- Resource person in parenting, counseling, life skills for adolescents, women empowerment programs.
- Chairperson for the B.Ed Practical Examination, Kannur University.
- A key resource person for the program “Amma Aryan”.
- Conducted Personality development classes for the students of Vimal Jyothi Engineering College during their orientation period.
- Subject expert for the selection of teachers of different aided training colleges.
- Life skill education classes for the pensioners.
- Chairman for the Board of Practical Examination, Kannur University.
- Inspired the of students of different schools of our locality by inaugurating the cultural activities of them.
Participation in seminars/conferences/workshops
- Presented a paper on “Adolescent Human rights “ in the ugc sponsored national seminar organized by G.College, Iritty.
- Participated in the UGC sponsored national seminar on ‘improvised aids “ organized by our college.
- Participated in the UGC sponsored national conference on promotion of education and health organized by the college.
- Participated in the one day workshop on “restructuring teacher education organized by A.K.P.C.T.A.Kannur unit.
- Attended the human rights day awareness class by Dr.Joseph Marthomas organized by C.T.E.Kerala Chapter.
- Presented a paper on “effectiveness of a life skills intervention package for improving the self-esteem of adolescent girls” organized by Keyi Sahib Training
- Participated in the national conference on “innovations in science education”.Presented a paper on “effect of study approaches on process skills in physics of adolescents of Kerala’.