|Name and address of the institution||P.K.M. College of Education, Madampam|
|Year of establishment||1995|
Teacher Education programs offered in the institution
|Sl. No||Programme||Number and year of NCTE Recognition||Sanctioned intake|
|1||B.Ed.||1.) F.KL/Sec/09/SRO/NCTE/2000- 2001/8987.Dt. 5-12-2001
2.) F.SRO/NCTE/AOS00397 B.Ed./KL/2015/72219. Dt. 4/8/2015(as per NCTE 2014 new regulations)
Details of affiliation
|Sl. No.||Programme||Name of the affiliating body||Number and year affiliation|
|1||B.Ed.||Kannur University||No.Acad/A2/3125/2000. Dtd, 18-10-2004, K.U. Campus P.O,|
|Type of Management||Government aided institution|
|In the case of government aided or self-financing institution, mention the institution is managed by||Registered trust|
|Status of the institution||Independent institution offering only Teacher Education Programme|
|Institution meant for||Co-Educational|
|Accessibility||Whether accessible in all-weather and through Pucca Road: Yes
Name of the nearest railway station: Kannur
History of the institution.
P.K.M. College of Education is a Christian Minority institution established in 1995. Permanently affiliated to Kannur University. It is recognised by NCTE and listed under UGC (2f) and 12 B category. The college was accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ Grade in 2006 and reaccredited in June 2016 with ‘A’ Grade (Second Cycle -4 Point Scale)
The college campus is pollution free and peaceful. P.K.M is ahead in training quality teachers. It is owned by Knanaya Catholic Archdiocese of Kottayam and managed by Barmariam Pastoral Centre (Registered Trust). Within the short span of time, the institution was able to provide well maintained infrastructure facilities and a number of modern technological amenities, like interactive board, computers, LCD Projector AND OHP in all classrooms, fully computerized library and well equipped laboratories like technology lab, language lab, psychology lab, science lab, computer lab, counselling cell, etc. make this institution a prestigious one. Within this period college bagged 24 university ranks (Ist Rank, 7, II Rank – 6, III Rank – 6, IV rank -5) in the B.Ed. degree examinations.
We have different courts for Basketball, Volleyball, Badminton, Handball and other facilities for indoor games. Our college has instituted 14 scholarships, and endowment for our student based on their merit and other aspects apart from State and Central Govt. scholarships. Our college has got INFLIBNET facilities and UGC Network Resource Centre which are benefited to our students, staff, researchers and also to the public.
Our college has set up a Solar Power system with the UGC grant. Solar panels are conveniently installed on roof top of the college. Solar power system provides full day power back up without any interruption of power supply and from the installation of the solar unit onwards we are not using even a single unit of electricity from Kerala State Electricity Board. Our college has applied for P.G. Course (M.Ed.) and the decision is pending at the govt. level.
- Stephen T.A, Dr. Rekha K.R, Dr. Sholy Joseph K. all these teachers were acted as resource Persons in National / Regional seminars.
- All teachers presented papers in International/ National / Regional seminars.
- Our faculty member Prasanth Mathew is a Research guide in Kannur University
- Prasanth Mathew, Dr. Sholy Joseph K, Dr. Veena Appukuttan & Ms. Jessy N.C. have research articles published in journals.
- Sholy Joseph K. is undergoing Minor Research Project by UGC.
Award and Recognition received (student teachers)
- Aishwarya Vishnuh Namboodiri awarded the third position in English story writing in the Kannur University arts festival.
- Anil Joy & Jimmy George bagged IIIrd position in 200 m, 800 m race and high jump in the Inter-Collegiate B.Ed. Athletic meet.Noufal Puthiyapurayil awarded II
- Noufal Puthiyapurayil awarded IInd position in the intercollegiate locution Competition conducted by Nirmalagiri College, Koothuparamba & IIIrd position in the Elocution competition conducted by JCI Taliparamba & Keyi Sahib Training College.